Health Benefits Of Hot Tub Therapy
A refreshing soak in your private hot tub can cast magic spells on your senses, allowing you to weave wonderful memories and spend some time with yourself. Besides brightening up your moods and allowing you to beat your body’s stress response system, a hot tub therapy session can really prove to be effective in treating multiple ailments that may impact your physical wellbeing and interrupt your schedule on a regular basis. With today’s diseases being largely lifestyle-induced, a relaxing therapy session in a hot tub after a tough day may bring enormous healing effects. Here we present a list of ailments that can be cured by hydrotherapy and hydro-massage sessions:
- Lower Back Pain: According to the Journal of Musculoskeletal Research, hydrotherapy proves to be highly beneficial for people with lower back pain compared to other forms of land-based therapies.
- Leg Cramps: Though the actual reason behind thigh, calves, and feet cramps remains to be explored, it is assumed that leg cramps are normally caused when the brain sends signals to the sensory nerves in the lower extremities by mistake. A relaxing session in a hot tub before bedtime allows your muscles to relax, decreasing the possibility of leg cramps.
- Sleeplessness: According to the Better Sleep Council, you can treat sleeplessness by immersing your body in warm water. Hot tub therapy can induce healthy sleep habits by promoting blood circulation and relieving stress. Additionally, when your body starts cooling down after a warm bath, your brain receives signals suggesting that it is time for you to sleep.
- Arthritis: Heated hydrotherapy is recognized as an effective technique in treating joint pain and arthritis. The technique works by increasing range of movement, opening blood vessels, and promoting muscle growth.
- Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is a medical disorder that shows up as chronic extensive musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and mood issues. According to the observations made by the Mayo Clinic, warm water is an effective remedy for fibromyalgia because of its ability to induce relaxation and alleviate muscle stress.
- Post-Exercise Stress: While a regular fitness regime may really work to keep you healthy and energetic, it may lead to muscle soreness that can make you feel exhausted. Hydrotherapy is noted for its ability to promote blood circulation, boost sensory impulses, and soften stiff joints.
A meditation session in a hot tub may work wonders for your mind, body, and spirit, allowing you to relax in your own private world. So if you are using your hot tub to beat the stress generated by your day-to-day lifestyle, you may consider practising 10 minutes of yoga or deep-breathing exercises to make the most out of your hot tub experience.